Saturday, August 7, 2010

More Quotes

So I have to add a few more odd pregnancy questions/statements that I have received that I am in awe of. I find it strange that all of these quotes are from men. It's not just the ladies that make crazy pregnancy remarks. My inner monologue is written in italics. Social etiquette people!!!

Male business associate of mine that I have only met a few times: So was this a planned pregnancy?
Me: No response. I have nothing. Nothing.
Are you kidding me? What is the proper answer to that question? If I say no, the inevitable next question is "so what is your form of birth control?" And if say yes, this just feels icky.

Man I'm giving my business card to: So if I call you, who is going to answer the phone?
Me: Oh, that's my direct line.
Man: No, I mean will you answer or your baby?
Hilarious.

And one more quote just to emphasize how fun it is when people make fun of how big I am EVERY DAY:
Man at work: Girl, are you about to pop?
Me: Oh, not for a couple more months.
Man: What? You serious?
Me: Yep.
Man: Well you go girl. You drop a 10 lb. baby!
And here we have an actual cheerleader. We've gone from just poking fun of the big pregnant lady to actual words of motivation. This is a guy I want to see as I am being wheeled up to floor 8 for labor and delivery. Motivation and class.

No comments:

Post a Comment